- Described here.
- Accounts for 10% of course grade.
- Due Feb. 13.
- Two parts:
- Implement Relational Algebra (today's subject).
- Use Relational Algebra to implement queries.
- Questions? Let's discuss on Piazza.
Questions from last time
Thorough answers require more time than we have in class.
To be discussed on Piazza (not there yet):
- How can you use a UUID as a primary key if there is even
the tiniest chance that it won't really be unique?
- Do foreign keys have "back-pointers"?
- How do you create a loop of foreign keys, e.g. from A to B
and from B to A?
Reading for today
R & G, chapter 4, sections 1 and 2.