- The second assignment will involve schema design, (today's subject).
- To be given out on Feb. 8, and due Feb. 19.
- Overlapping A1, to leave enough time for later assignments.
- So don't leave A1 until the last minute.
- A2 is easier than A1, no programming involved.
Thorough answers require more time than we have in class.
- Posted: How can you use a UUID as a primary key if there is even
the tiniest chance that it won't really be unique?
Do foreign keys have "back-pointers"?
- Posted partial answer: How do you create a loop of foreign keys, e.g. from A to B
and from B to A?
Reading for today
R & G, chapter 19, sections 1—7