COMP 160: Introduction to Algorithms (Spring 2019)
This course is divided in 3 parts:
Check this page 24 hours after each class (scroll down to the date) for suggested reading and links.
- Intro and sorting. Exam 1.
- Data structures, dynamic programming, and amortization. Exam 2.
- Graph algorithms and NP-completeness. Exam 3.
NOTE: Section numbers below refer to the linked "Reading" page, not CLRS.
- Lecture 9: Tuesday, February 12
- Expected time analysis of Quicksort.
Reading: Section 4.4 b and c.
- Lecture 7: Thursday, February 7
- Lecture 6: Tuesday, February 5
- Lecture 5: Thursday, January 31
- Lecture 4: Tuesday, January 29
- Details of Master Method, and deterministic selection (median-finding)
- Reading: section 5.1
- Lecture 3: Thursday, January 24
- Lecture 2: Tuesday, January 22
- big-O proofs, mergesort and its recurrence
All of Section 2,
Section 4.2, and the beginning of
Section 3.1 (including the recursion tree method; we will do substitution on Thursday.)
- Lecture 1: Thursday, January 17