COMP 40: Guidelines for asking questions on Stackoverflow
Stackoverflow is a web site
that is dedicated answering any and all questions about
"Questions about programming" is not the same as "questions
Stackoverflow is a great resource, but please follow these
- Log in using your real name.
If you already have another login, put your real name in your
- Put your Tufts affiliation in your profile.
- Always search before posting a question:
- Questions about languages, tools, and error messages are OK.
- Gcc gives you an error message you don't understand.
You Google the message and find nothing, or you don't understand the
explanation, or you don't understand how to make your code right.
Ask on Stackoverflow.
- Your use of the C stdio library isn't working out the way you
- You can't get DDD to work right.
- You've written some C code that you think should be right, and you
can't understand why the compiler rejects it (or why it dumps core).
- Questions related to homework and problem-solving are
- How do I remove black pixels from the edge of an image? (Not OK)
Back to the class home page