Sort Algorithm VisualizationSee instructions at the bottom of this page.
The menus allow you to choose:
- The sorting algorithm (currently InsertionSort, HeapSort, MergeSort, QuickSort
or Randomized QuickSort)
- The input to the algorithm (random, increasing, decreasing, or increasing with a few random swaps)
- The type of output:
- Distance displays the array at each step of the algorithm, one step
per row. If an element is in place, it's green (or brown or black).
Elements that are far from the correct are red (or blue or white).
- Comparisons displays whether i is compared to j at any
step of the algorithm. Increasing values of i and j go to the right and down.
- Moves displays which elements have been moved at each step. Each
row is a step, and values increase from left to right.
- Whether the output is on a red-green scale, brown-blue scale, or grayscale
If "Distance" is selected, clicking on the output will display the values
in the vicinity of the cursor.