Write up and submit a report of what your team found in the in-class workshop
on Analyzing a Product
First, briefly describe the product (150 words max) and provide supplementary links, photos, screen shots, etc,
especially if it is not a well known one.
Then, briefly answer each of the questions from the workshop,
plus the role-specific questions below:
- Product Manager: Could you find some data about this product? Are there any interesting statistics you found online? What product features do you like and dislike?
- UX Researcher: What kinds of experiments do you think this product went through to make it the product that it is today? What experiments would you like to perform to find out something new about this product?
- Product Designer: What do you like and dislike about the design of this product? What interaction stands out to you and what grabs you about this product?
- Software Engineer: Does it seem that this product shares any APIs? How could you use these APIs in the future and if the product doesn't share any APIs, please try to find APIs that could do a similar function to what you are looking for.
How to Submit Your Homework
Follow the procedure here to submit your assignment.
Team Submission Procedure
For this and other future team assignments,
follow the procedure here.
See the course home page for office hours
and contact info.
- Product description: 10 points
- Workshop answers: 40 points
- Role answers: 40 points
- Extra Points: 10 points