Tasks in COMP 11
Submitting project pp1 (and all other projects)
To submit your first project, pp1, please do the following.
- Get a copy of the C++ file onto an Andante computer.
If you developed it on Andanate, then it's already there.
- Compile it and test it thoroughly on Andante.
- When it's ready to submit, type the following:
provide comp11 pp1 filename
where filename is the name of the file that holds your
program. The interpretation of the above line is as follows:
- "provide" is the name of the grading program.
- "comp11" is the name of our course.
- "pp1" is the name of the project.
- The output from this 'provide' program should be self explanatory.
But if not, ask a course assistant.
Changing the way that XEmacs interprets the Backspace
If you wish to instruct XEmacs to change it's interpretation of the
backspace character, here is what to do. These instructions may
only make sense to those with considerable experience with
- Start up XEmacs and use "^X^F" to edit file: "~/.xemacs/init.el".
- If this fails, it may be that you do not have a directory
named "~/.xemacs". Note that files and directories that begin
with a period are normally hidden --
You dont see them unless you use the "-a" option with "ls",
i.e., "ls -al". To create this directory, simply type:
Now you should be able to edit "~/.xemacs/init.el".
- Either at the top or bottom of this file, enter the following
(define-key global-map "\010" 'delete-backward-char)
Be sure to type a "RETURN" at the end of the line.
- Exit XEmacs and start it up again.
James G. Schmolze
Last modified: Tue Sep 17 15:30:52 EDT 2002