In Halligan 122, there is a scanner hooked up to the very front
computer in the room (although it is currently facing the computer
behind it). To scan an assignment:
- Log in to the computer connected to the scanner.
If you have never logged in to Windows before, try using your ID
number as an initial password.
- Put the assignment paper in the scanner and press the “File” button on the
scanner; the button looks like a file cabinet.
- The scanner’s HP Scanner" should launch automatically and run the scan for you.
- Press scan then ok to start the job.
- The file will be placed in your documents in the sub directory “My Scans”
- After the scan is finished, an explorer window should popup and show you
- Save it wherever is convenient for you.
- To get it to a Linux machine where you can submit it, it may be simplest
to put it on a flash drive or to email it to yourself.
There are also a variety of smartphone apps for scanning documents.
I recommend Scanbot for both iOS and Android.
Back to class home page