COMP 160: Introduction to Algorithms (Fall 2014)
Instructor: Greg Aloupis
location, contact info, TA hours, textbook, prerequisites, topics covered, grading scheme, etc.
Lectures: a summary of what has been covered. Updated within 24 hours of each lecture.
Reading: class notes, videos and textbook references. All are available before the course begins.
(hw6 is up; hw5 solutions are up)
NEWS (you are expected to check this section 24 hours after class)
- The homework page has new instructions for how to submit via email.
- Homework 6 is due before 6:30pm on Tuesday. No late submissions.
- All class notes, highlighted
- Homework 1-5 solutions
- Practice midterm (updated with solutions)
- About my availability as we approach the midterm:
- Tuesday the 21st: will try to be available starting at 4:30. Review session at 6:30pm if a room can be found. Shouldn't be a problem.
- Wednesday Oct.22: available from 12 until 2:30. After that I'll be unavailable until the midterm (no regular office hours).
- About exams
- The CS website lists comp160 in M block, but this is incorrect. We are in K block, so the final exam is on Dec.17, in Pearson 104.
- The midterm will be on October 22. It will cover all material covered up to October 15, inclusive.
- You have the option to submit homework at firstname.lastname@example.org
Same deadlines apply. Submit pdf files with reasonable size.
- Homework policy starting with HW4: submit up to 24 hours late: 33% penalty. Up to 48 hours late, 66% penalty. No submissions past Friday afternoon when the main office closes. Late homework may be returned significantly late as well.
- A summary of your homework scores has been sent out. If you haven't received anything, contact me.