All > Show only:
Lecture Notes Examples Exercises Assignments Review Sheets Exams
What follows is a rough plan for the content of the
course, including readings, lecture notes, exercises, and answers.
This is subject to change but will give some guidance as to where
we are going.
This is a living document. As I lecture, I will be
updating and revising these notes. Please do not consider a
page definitive until I've talked about it in class.
In general, a page is in final form only after the advertised
date on which I have discussed it.
For PDF files, please use Adobe Acrobat reader.
For OneNote files, please use Microsoft OneNote 2007.
For PPT or PPTX files, please use Microsoft Powerpoint.
- [01/24/2011] What is a cloud? (http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html)
- [01/26/2011] Consistency and Concurrency
- [01/31/2011] Assignment 1: Programming AppEngine due 02/14/2011 at 11 pm
- [01/31/2011] Programming AppEngine (http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/doc/latest/tutorial/)
- [02/07/2011] Binding and Stepwise Refinement
- [02/09/2011] Assignment 1 Hint
- [02/09/2011] Scalability and Demand
- [02/14/2011] Assignment 2: Services and Interactions due 02/23/2011 at 11 pm
- [02/14/2011] Virtuality and Elasticity
- [02/16/2011] Load and Response
- [02/16/2011] Core Cloud Services
- [02/23/2011] Data Transformation in Pig (http://pig.apache.org/docs/r0.6.0/piglatin_ref2.html)
- [02/24/2011] Assignment 3: Introduction to Pig due 03/07/2011 at 11pm
- [02/24/2011] Transformation and Schemas
- [02/28/2011] The role of the data analyst
- [03/02/2011] User-defined Functions
- [03/02/2011] Quiz 1 (closed book)
- [03/07/2011] Advanced Pig
- [03/07/2011] Using Raw Hadoop
- [03/07/2011] Assignment 4: Advanced Pig due 03/14/2011 at 11pm
- [03/09/2011] Service-Oriented Architectures
- [03/14/2011] SOAP and Axis
- [03/16/2011] Designing the Cloud
- [03/16/2011] Assignment 5: Design due 03/30/2011 at 11pm
- [03/28/2011] The business case for clouds
- [03/30/2011] Business Process Description
- [04/04/2011] Service Choreography
- [04/06/2011] Midterm Exam, open notes
- [04/11/2011] Modeling in XML
- [04/13/2011] Assignment 6: BPMN due 04/25/2011 at 11pm
- [4/13/2011] Business Process Modeling
- [4/20/2011] Risk analysis
- [4/20/2011] Force and ECA modeling
- [04/25/2011] Assignment 7: Force due 05/02/2011 at 11pm
- [04/25/2011] Basics of power awareness
- [04/27/2011] Blooms and Buds
- [04/27/2011] Quiz 2 (closed book)
- [05/02/2011] Final (Take-Home) Exam due 05/10/2011
- [05/02/2011] Epilogue
- Extra lecture: BPMN and Petri Nets